We at Cheadle Dental are proud to provide the ultimate in cosmetic dentures. Through years of experience, we have come to understand what really makes a great smile and how to create really natural and pleasing looking dentures that will be effective and discrete We use the best materials and skilled technicians and we put value on skilled personnel who have an “artistic eye” in making artificial teeth look real.
What are Cosmetic Dentures?
Broadly speaking a cosmetic denture is a set of artificial teeth that have been cosmetically enhanced to look and feel like real natural teeth. The dentures have a variety of roles, for example, a denture helps you to look good, chew your food properly, eat comfortably and speak clearly. Dentures are often made of high set resin making them extremely durable and hard wearing. There is also an extensive range of shades, colours and stains for both the gums and the teeth enabling highly aesthetic and artistic dentures to be created.
There are two types of dentures:
- A “Full” denture is one that replaces all the missing teeth in either the upper or the lower jaw. This type of denture fits snugly over your gums and is supported by the jaw. Due to the unstable nature of gums and continuous shrinking of the jaw, a full denture is often associated with long-term problems, however, here at Cheadle, we have ways to mitigate these issues by offering additional implants for stabilisation.
- A “Partial” denture is one that replaces some of the teeth in either the upper or lower jaw. A partial denture us often supported by the remaining teeth and is less expensive
Why get Dentures in the first place?
- Restores your smile.
- An option for replacing missing teeth.
- Can be used to improve and stabilise your bite hence restoring your chewing ability.
- Rebalances the forces that occur during chewing.
- Keeps other remaining teeth in position.
- Once treated no one can tell you have missing teeth.
- Can opt for a no surgery option i.e. without implants.
- Alternatively, you can obtain great results from an implant supported denture.
Does the treatment take long?
We at Cheadle are very attentive to our patients and the treatment involves understanding your functional and aesthetic needs and then we can provide you with potential options available to you. This means that depending on your requirements we can customise and tailor-make individual treatments plan to suit your needs and budgets.
Most of the appointments are involved in making sure that the dentures are aesthetically and functionally correct. This will involve taking records and careful assessment.
However, some of these appointments are involved Denture Stabilisation with the placement of dental implants and their healing if that is an additional option you have chosen.
Why choose Cheadle Dental?
Our team of dentists and dental support technicians can work with you in the following areas:
- Routine check-ups and hygiene advice
- Emergency dental care, 24/7
- Dental bridges, crowns and implants
- Cosmetic dentistry, including whitening, straightening and veneers
- Root canals
- Children’s services and family dentistry
- Nervous patients
- Anti-wrinkling and other cosmetic facial procedures
A little more about us...
A:Partial or complete dentures are considered as veterans in the Dental care industry as they have been used for years to replace missing teeth and to restore the aesthetic of a person’s mouth. They are viable alternative to implants or bridges and can last for years if taken care of correctly
A: Yes, you can eat and drink normally with your denture in place, even though you might be careful with some of the trickier foods, for which you should ask the dentist for advice. It is important that you keep your denture clean and free from bits of food to prolong its useful life.
A: Yes, you can eat and drink normally with your denture in place. You may need to avoid certain trickier foods but your dentist will advise. It is important that you keep your denture clean and free from bits of food to prolong its useful life.